Saturday 15 September 2007

Various Things, and Other Stuff

OK, firstly, if you haven't already, read the five posts below called "The Shimla Adventures". This post just mentions a few random things.

1) I mentioned Indian men holding hands, but forgot to mention that, in contrast, couples almost never show any affection in public. I also forgot to mention that Mike got the hand-holding treatment from a random wanting a photo, which was amusing.

2) To those of you who went to Beadnell (all that time ago, I know) I have two questions. Firstly, who left pizzas in the cupboard by the oven? Because my Mum found them and was suitably amused by the green pepperoni. And secondly, apparently someone left a pillow case behind. It is a patchwork style, denim-ish pillow case (says my Mum), so if anyone recognises that description, email me.

3) I was thinking, as an idea, I want to get you lot to think of things that are typically Indian (e.g. the Taj Mahal, monkeys, etc.). I want to make up a checklist, so that I can tick off the things when I see/do them. This is just for fun, to see how true your ideas of "typically Indian" are.

4) To those of you off to university, I want to know for certain where you are going, and what you are doing. This is what I can remember off-hand. If there are any mistakes, or if I miss anything, email me. Also, tell other people about this, if they haven't been reading the blog.

Grubin - English & Latin, KCL
Wilson - Psychology, UCL
Laurence - Classics, KCL
Adam - History, KCL
Martin - Economics (?), LSE
Ros - Lameography, Durham
Purdie - Politics (?), somewhere in Scotland I think, either Edinburgh or St. Andrews (??)
Slav - Physics, Oxford (Lincoln)
Doco - English, Oxford (St. John's)
Clare - Something philosophical, I think, Oxford (Worcester)
Jim - Maths (haha), Cambridge (can't remember which college, but if it's King's, then I met one of your maths lecturers in the Viceregal Lodge in Shimla)

Everyone else, I can't remember anything about what you are doing, which is probably my fault, unless you said Chemical Engineering, then changed to something else, then changed again, or something like that (which, unless my memory has totally gone, is what Monya did). SO, email me with your uni details if I've missed them out, or if I've got them wrong, or to confirm them. And, of course, feel free to email me anyway.

5) I messed up the fonts in some of the lower posts, I might sort it out when I have time, but right now my internet bill is probably rocketing.

6) The whole Shimla/Simla thing is sorted out in a comment on the post called "Shimla, or is it Simla?", so read that to find the truth!

7) Again, read The Shimla Adventures, if you haven't already!

Until next time, keep reading, pass on the message, and I'll update soon(ish).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

you got that a bit wrong, Purdie is at warwick to do history, hahaha, you know nothing!!!

sorry im tipsy!

Chris Gibbs said...

i want you to walk through the Taj Mahal on the back of an elephant with a snake around your neck and a monkey on your shoulder singing tunes from the jungle book!

Unknown said...

I think you should go and watch some people playing sitar, or even learn to play yourself.

I'm sure my dad would be very impressed to hear that you've been embracing world music!

Unknown said...

So what about the pizza then???????